- Art and Illustration
- 21st Century
- Albert Jay Nock
- CS Lewis
- Early 20th Century
- G.K. Chesterton
- George Orwell
- Historical fiction
- Vegetarian Eating
- 40 Days of Poetry: Reflections for Lent
I am taking fellow blogger Marci L of (Don’t Be) Too Squeamish and Shy up on her invitation to play the Three Lies game.
Guess which three of the following 25 facts about me are lies and put your guesses in a comment. The contest ends Friday, January 20th. I’ll announce the results and notify the winner on January 21st.
I will even throw in a prize for the first person who guesses correctly: one of my original signed art trading cards. You can pick the one you want from the three choices at the bottom of this post.
If you want to do this too, you can link your list on Marci’s blog. Marci also says you can share your list on Twitter with the hashtag #SpotTheThreeLies.
1. I am allergic to cats.
2. I once accidentally caused the evacuation of a building.
3. I once made a left turn that caused a police officer’s car to slam on his breaks, got stopped, and was given only a verbal warning to get my peripheral vision checked.
4. I have read Orthodoxy by G.K. Chesterton cover to cover six times.
5. I have a crippled toe.
6. I once lied to get into a symphony concert without a ticket.
7. I have sold lyrics to a singing telegram company.
8. I have worked as a puppeteer.
9. I played the mayor’s wife in a production of The Music Man.
10. I have sung the national anthem at a minor league baseball game.
11. I have completed all coursework toward a Master’s degree in English.
12. I interviewed a woman who had been an American Embassy hostage in Iran for my student newspaper.
13. I once walked along an interstate for mile to get to a job interview.
14. I have worked as a tour guide at a historical living museum.
15. I have homeschooled one of my children.
16. I cannot stand the texture of quilts.
17. I worked for 10 years as a technical illustrator.
18. I get seasick.
19. I do not eat red meat, poultry, chicken, fish, shellfish, or beans.
20. I get up in the morning before 6:00 am about 98 percent of the time.
21. I once got lost in the woods for hours in the woods because I saw a huge snake hanging from the tree in front of me and ran the other way.
22. I love my beautiful art studio with great lighting and Ikea furniture.
23. I moonlight as a part-time driving instructor.
24. I am descended from people who lived in the Tyrolean Alps.
25. I would vote for Ron Paul without hesitation if he were on the ballot.
Welcome to my blog….This is my wordshop where I try out ideas for my essays and first book. I write about literature, life, and mostly end up in the places where life meets literature. I love comments!
- 40 days of Poetry, Day 7: My life closed twice by Emily Dickinson March 12, 2014
- 40 Days of Poetry, Day 6: Prayer of St. Francis March 11, 2014
- 40 Days of Poetry, Day 5: Dear March – Come in – by Emily Dickinson March 10, 2014
- 40 Days of Poetry, Day 4: My Life Has Been the Poem by Henry David Thoreau March 9, 2014
- 40 Days of Poetry: Ozymandias by Percy Bysshe Shelley March 8, 2014